Looking for an inspirational day out for your Group?
There is plenty for groups to see and enjoy at Wells Cathedral. Set in the medieval heart of England’s smallest city, and the earliest English cathedral to be built in the Gothic style, the current building was erected between the 12th and 15th centuries and is a significant landmark in Somerset and the South West.
Easily accessible from Bath, Bristol, Wales and the West Country, Wells Cathedral makes an unforgettable and unique addition to your group’s itinerary.
Did you know, for instance, that our magnificent West Front (c 1230) contains one of the largest galleries of mediaeval sculpture in the world? That our impressive Chapter House is still used to transact cathedral business on formal occasions and that the Wells clock, installed circa 1390, is one of the oldest mediaeval clock faces in the world and that, on each the quarter hour, visitors pause and watch jousting knights go round in tournament.
Or that Vicars’ Close, situated next to the Cathedral and part of its environs, was built to house the men of the choir and is the oldest continuously inhabited street in Europe?
Pre-booked groups of 10 or more receive a range of exclusive benefits including:
- A group rate of £4.75 (ex VAT) per head for a general tour* (a saving on the ‘walk-in’ suggested donation rate)
- Free tour guide (including foreign language guides) taking in a General Guided Tour of the Cathedral
- 10% discount for all group members in the Cathedral café and in the Cathedral shops
- Free place for the group organiser, tour manager or bus driver
- Free familiarisation visit for the tour leader ahead of the visit
- Option to pre-book leaflets
*Please contact our Visits Department for more details and prices for our Special Interest Tours which can include Stained Glass, Embroideries, our Chained Library, Gothic Architecture or our Stone Carvings.
More Information and Booking
To discuss your requirements – including adding a catering package – and to book your visit please call us on 01749 674483 or email us at [email protected] Or for more information about what’s on offer for groups at Wells Cathedral please click here.