How Wells Cathedral survived the Reformation
A fascinating one and a half hour Discovery Tour of the Cathedral, learning how to recognise signs of the Reformation.
- How do we know what happened back in the 1500′s?
- Why did Glastonbury Abbey suffer such a disastrously different fate?
- What role did Wolsey and Thomas Cromwell have at Wells?
This new tour includes 1/2 an hour in our unique Cathedral Library seeing two examples of books from this period, and exploring their context.
The tour is suitable for both individuals and for groups bookings. Each tour lasts approximately one and a half hours and costs £10 per person .
Available dates include:
Thursday 9th April 2015, 2.15pm – 3.45pm
Monday 13th April 2015, 10.15am – 11.45am
Tuesday 14th April 2015, 2.15pm – 3.45pm
Friday 24th April 2015, 10.15am – 11.45am
How to book:
Booking is essential and places are limited.
We are pleased to offer a convenient online booking system for each of these tour dates; please click on the relevant link below:
Or please email [email protected] or call 01749 674483 for enquiries.
Please meet at the Information Desk in the Cathedral Entry Cloister 10 minutes before the start of the tour. For more details on this and our other cathedral tours please visit our Tours of the Cathedral page on our website.
Catering packages for groups
We can offer special pre-booked group catering options for any group booked on a Cathedral tour. Tasty options include:
- Morning tea/coffee with a cake £3.50 per head – for a party over 10 only £3.00 (per person)
- Wonderful homemade soup served with a local cottage roll and served with tea or coffee £5.00 per head – for a party over 10 only £4.50 (per person)
- Somerset cream tea £4.50 per head – for a party over 10 only £4.00 (per person)
If you are a group and would like to take advantage of these special deals please contact us to discuss your requirements via please email [email protected] or call us on 01749 674483.or call us on 01749 676543.