The Cathedral exists for the glory of God and as a sign of his kingdom in the world.
To this end we are committed to:
• Offering a daily round of prayer and worship
• Enabling the Cathedral to be:
– an instrument of God’s mission where the Christian faith is explored, practised, preached, taught and interpreted
– a focus for the life of the Diocese of Bath and Wells and the ministry of the Bishop
– a sacred place where all who come are welcomed and valued
– a focal point for the life of our city, county and country: a witness of God’s justice, peace and love
– a place where community is fostered
– a place where the expression of God’s gifts of creativity is encouraged
– a spiritual, musical and architectural inheritance to be conserved, enhanced and reinterpreted for this and future generations
– a good steward of its financial, human and physical resources.