On Saturday 11 August the Cathedral is putting on an event in association with the Diocese of Bath & Wells and St Margaret’s Hospice, called “Dying Matters”.
Starting at 9.45am, the morning workshop is an excellent training opportunity for anyone involved in Pastoral work. It is also of value to everyone wanting to consider this little-discussed aspect of being human.
The programme comprises:
- A short video by the NHS
- A performance of ‘Outside the Box’: A Live Show about Death’ with Liz Rothschild
- A discussion with a panel of professionals:
- Ann Lee, Chief Executive Officer of St Margaret’s Hospice
- Revd Canon Ian Ainsworth-Smith, Adviser on Healthcare Chaplaincy, Diocese of Bath and Wells
- Ann Fulton, Spiritual Care Coordinator at St Margaret’s Hospice
- Prebendary Dr Alison Perham, Retired Specialist in Palliative Medicine
- Liz Rothschild, Performer, performer, celebrant and award-winning burial ground owner
The workshop finishes at 12.30pm following a reflection activity and refreshments.
Places are limited and must be booked in advance; no entry on the day.
Tickets cost £5 and can be booked via Eventbrite ‘Dying Matters, Wells Cathedral’