KS1 & 2
A Programmed Day
The beautiful oak-framed Education Suite has been specially designed to accommodate school groups. Its secure access provides a contained space that serves as a great base from which to explore the cathedral as part of a programmed day. It offers toilet facilities for children, cupboards for bags and coats and tables for crafts and/or lunch.
Tailored to your needs, programmed days range from the early years through to sixth form, covering themes such as: special places, big buildings, Christian symbols, Latin, geometric art, decorative carvings & bosses, arches & architecture through to focusing on historical periods including the Reformation and English Civil War.
We devise a day programme bespoke to each class/school visit, to suit their topic, age, and ability. Most full day programmes incorporate the following;
- a guided tour tailored to your topic
- the display at the clock complete with jousting knights and Quarter Jack
- an opportunity to read a prayer from the pulpit
- picnic lunch in the Camery garden or Education Suite (if wet)
- a themed activity working in groups
- an individual craft activity relating to your visit creating a souvenir to take home
Please download details here KS1 & KS2 School Visits