Education is key in our mission here at Wells Cathedral and thus our ‘theology@wells’ programme offers a number of events throughout the year to prompt discussion and provide intellectual and spiritual support.
Here is a taster for some of the events which will be offered this autumn, open to all.
- Saturday 30 September: as part of a ‘parishes day’; two talks – one on the Cathedral’s work by the Dean, and the second on interfaith issues. Regular worshippers very welcome.
- Early October: an evening event to explore the many meanings of the Creed. “The Creed Deed”, led by the Dean. Date to be confirmed.
- Wednesday 18 October: an afternoon event focussing on the church’s role in combatting modern slavery, led by the Rt Revd Dr Alastair Redfern.
- Tuesday 31 October: Reformation Day: following Evensong there will be a talk on the Reformation by a young scholar from Oxford, Charles Dale of Lincoln College. In this 500th anniversary year, Charles will explore the theme ‘Reformation: Blessings and Deficits’. All very welcome.
- November: an early evening session on religion in contemporary Britain, led by Professor Grace Davie of Exeter University. Date to be confirmed.
More details on events which take place as part of our ‘theology@wells’ programme can be found here. Or sign up to our regular monthly e-newsletter here to keep up-to-date with all events and activities taking place in the Cathedral.