Thursday 28th July
11:30 - 13:00
Climb the spiral staircase to walk in the footsteps of Wells Cathedral masons with new behind-the-scenes tour of Wells Cathedral’s High Parts; one of the most memorable things to do in Wells!
- Discover hidden spaces, galleries and chambers, including behind the Wells clock
- See one of only two surviving tracing floors in the country where masons drew templates on the floor
- Walk along the singing gallery, complete with and learn about trumpet holes!
- Explore the south transept roof space
- And marvel at the nave from a very different perspective!
Each Tour lasts 1.5 hours and does not include the tower.
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite up to 24 hours prior to the tour taking place; click on the month of your choice below to choose your preferred day and time. Want to make a last minute booking? Call us on 01749 671663 or ask at the Donation desk on the day of your visit.