Wednesday 15th September
14:00 - 15:00
A newly designed tour to explore the history and architecture of the Cathedral from an outside perspective.
- Trace the history of Wells Cathedral as you explore the exterior of the building and its precincts
- Step back in time to Vicars’ Close, the oldest continuously inhabited street in Europe
- Marvel at the Magnificent West Front with its medieval statuary, soon to be joined by a new sculpture from Antony Gormley
- Discover architectural secrets hidden in plain sight!
- Learn about the ongoing work to maintain and preserve this incredible place for generations to come
- The Maximum number for an Outside Wells Cathedral Tour is 15 (whilst there are social distancing rules).
- Children under the age of 12 go free (this offer is limited to 2 children per paying adult).
- Children must be accompanied by one adult for every two children, unless they are part of an organised youth group when at least two adults must be in attendance.
There are a few steps, undulating grassy areas, a gravel roadway and cobbles during the tour.
Only if there is exceptionally bad weather or walkways become slippery will the tour be cancelled, under these circumstances refunds will be issued.